Dude guys; I have something totally new for you.

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Dude guys; I have something totally new for you.

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:47 am

I don't normally post here, but I have in my possession the link to a 57 minute-long dubstep song that I think any of you lively mother fuckers might give a hoot and a holler for. Do you know why? It's cause I think this music is just the kind of music to get a hollowbody moving even though they donno they want to. I think it's the kind of tune that scoops you off your feet like you're eggs scrambled. If you're man enough. Well here's my question. Are you man enough¿ Are you¿

This new fuckin sound for any of you that don't know is called motherfucking dubstep and it'll fuckin rattle you bonez. You will know what I'm saying when you come along to 7:21. For 7 minutes you gonna be knocked in the face, smacked down, picked up, get down. But jus wait. When you hit fuckin 7:21 your bonze gonna be nice and lean after all that's happened and in your time you won't know where your car keys at you know why¿ Cause you confused.

N guess wut. You'll gonna get worse. Round minute nine you're gonna start buzzing in the back of your brain and wobble a lil bit in da fuckin spinal cord, fluid be drainin. Now at this point you may be asking yourself.. wtf am I? Then what little clarity you had left is gonna fall out the bottom and you gonna start bouncin on your feet FUCKIN minute 11 and you're in the jungle lookin out for fuckin panthers, fuckin marines, fuckin G.I's, the fuckin ground gonna be shaking n the bugs and spiders gonna fall on your face you're gonna run scared but guess wut you aint fuckin goin nowhere you fuckin' runnin. Then you chill cause dat's what you here for is to chill rite¿ R5te¿ Ryte¿

WRONG, MOTHERFUCKER. Some more womp to stomp omptomp of yomp. Groove that shit. Give it a minute. O wait you haven't moved your body enough tonight¿ The song's gonna reach 15 minutes (yeah, 15 straight motherfuckin minutes thus far) and you gonna get steamrolled by your own fuckin body rumblin, tumblin, rumblin, hitch-hikin ass self. The alarms gonna be goin off in the cranium, too much no more. Well are you fuckin man enough to venture further¿

Bzz - zzz -zzz, wiggle-waggle, fuckin and you get loose. Wtf was that a fuckin gremlin¿ Let that shit pump up and get fuckin heavier around minute 23. Oh for you pink floyd popsickle-heads out there guess wut "Echoes" would have been over with by now. You only half way, mate. 24:19 - BREATHE already. You only live once and this fuckin day ain't over. Feel a recharge then in abada mINUT you're back in the grinder, lo-speed, guts and glory. They gonna crank it soon and then u won't know what hit u but for some reason you're gonna want moar. Dem arms gonna be flailin if they aint had a ready.

Well¿ Are you¿

Okay. Fuckin Right click > save link as...

http://www.numbernin6.com/2ndopinion/Nu ... pinion.mp3

Listen to this shit with headphones (the big kind but don't hurt ur eardrums) or ONLY a loud speakersystem. Music credit goes to Numbernin6; "A Second Opinion"

Part II Tomorrow
-Paul Procopolis

(Image by cody william http://codywilliam.deviantart.com/ )

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 pm

downloading, gonna listen it on the way to the hospital, thanks mon.
Music over Matter

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Dude.

I'm so glad that electronic music is finally swapping over to the US (again? I think there used to be a time when electronic music was more dominant in the US as well). When I visited the US about 3 years ago almost no one knew what DnB was and a small scene was just evolving. That was at a time when I already grew tired of the same old beats and breaks that have become so dominant in DnB with all the circlejerkish crossremixing.

I rarely listen to Dubstep, but god knows I love it when the bass is loud and the beats are flowing. Just a pity it's sunday today, so I'm keeping the sub low because I don't want to disturb my neighbours.

Sometimes I wish I was back at my parents place. Having a house all for yourself has a lot of advantages, especially when it comes to turning the volume up.

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm

You should go live in melbourne. Electronic music heaven.
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 am

There's a dance named after that place.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Palmer
damaged
damaged

Postby Palmer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am

Ugh... I hate dubstep, I've known about it for a while now and it's really popular around where I live. Basically base with a wah-wah effect. >.>

But for those of you that are a fan, the Rugrats theme-song remixed as dubstep:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIThop-OqFU[/youtube]

:D

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 am

Practically all I've ever known of "Dubstep" is hundreds upon hundreds of ingratiating threads on 4chan, where every poster describes in lengthy detail how Dubstep has totally changed their life and music experience.

It appears to be outrageously popular. I have thus far outright refused to listen to it. Call me a hipster if you'd like.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 am

I don't really see the appeal of Dubstep. Interestingly, I'm supposed to be going to see The Melvins tomorrow with a guy who is so obsessed with Dubstep that he is ordering this vinyl EP from England for like 90 pounds.

I really like decent bass, but when I'm in a decent bass mood I tend to move for deathrock over dubstep. When I first moved here I was living with people who were really into dubstep though, so I've sort of formed the ability to listen to it without complaint, I just prefer not to.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm

I think with music it's always a matter of context. The right music at the right time and you get a kind of momentum that's almost impossible to stop. The wrong music at the wrong time and you ask yourself "wtf is this crap" (even if you would like the music in a different context)

I used to listen to a lot of metal. But nowadays I can't really stand metal most of the time, because it distracts me too much. Many electronic genres are pretty boring if you just listen to it at home and don't have the mental context of having a really good time with it.

Nowadays when I'm at home I usually listen to downtempo stuff, progressive, instrumental, ambient, trip hop kind of stuff. But when going out to gigs or clubs, and the mood is right and the music is loud, that's when I feel truly alive. Seriously. I need loud music too survive. Either some fucking metal or some heavy beats. Or even better, both of it.

Still I wonder about the sudden obsession with Dubstep lately (Well not in Austria, but on the part of the internet that I visit a lot)

Also, I think I should turn on some loud music now.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 pm

I've never heard of it before, but I don't think I'll like it. Electronic sounds don't appeal to me.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 am

It's new tho

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:31 am

There is nothing new about dubstep. GC be trolling?

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:38 am

Actually I'm wondering this too.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 pm

There is nothing GOOD about dub. But all the kids that do x and stoners and the like all seem to think it's awesome.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

HeckBilly
elmo molester

Postby HeckBilly » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:26 pm

That sure is a long-winded, in-your-face, piece-of-shit music genre. I can't even enjoy this on drugs, and anyone who does is a fucking tool. That's my opinion, can you handle it?

Love that OP, though. Damn fine post.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:39 pm

HellBilly, is that really you? How have you been?

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:55 am

Wow, bill. Long time
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:47 am

slightly more on topic, liked it well enough, but didn't grab my attention. good enough to make you move your body while doing something else, but not enough to make you stop doing said something else.
Music over Matter

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:09 pm

HeckBilly wrote:That sure is a long-winded, in-your-face, piece-of-shit music genre. I can't even enjoy this on drugs, and anyone who does is a fucking tool. That's my opinion, can you handle it?

This guy and me, we could share a beer or two in polite company.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh, get a room you two!

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:22 pm

You're just jealous because you've realized the older you get the harder its gonna be to find underage girls to love you.
Is there a promised land

Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?

Are the streets paved with gold

Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?

DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm

who's talking about love? what's wrong with just sex?
Music over Matter

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HeRetiK » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 am

Darklire wrote:You're just jealous because you've realized the older you get the harder its gonna be to find underage girls to love you.

HellBilly is an underage girl? O.o

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:00 am

i found out i liked dubstep recently. though, i still much prefer other electronic genres.

Return to “Music”