Old cartoons and films from your country

The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

User avatar
Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine
Posts: 2422
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Teh town

Old cartoons and films from your country

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:41 pm

I don't know if there's been such a topic before but here goes:

This is "Nu Pogodi!" and the title can be translated to "Just you wait!". It's a Russian cartoon about a rabbit and a wolf. Watch it and have a laugh. The only Russian you need to know to understand it has been translated in this post. The soundtrack is actually really psychedelic too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM8qgX3vbuI[/youtube]

User avatar
StuGa
deformed
deformed
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby StuGa » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:06 pm

I don´t know germany cartoons but i watched the american cartoon " Tom & Jerry"

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gVbqigCnijE[/youtube]
Art is an extension of the soul. If you can not draw you are soulless.


Image

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:23 pm

I used to watch Grisu, an Italian cartoon, when I was a really young kid. So young, that all I can remember is, that it was about a dragon who wanted to become firefighter.

Poor Grisu :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnkfsgRkUeI[/youtube]

Also, I didn't actually watch the video I posted. I just posted it as reference.

User avatar
Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine
Posts: 2422
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Teh town

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Awww, that's just too cute.

Grisus father looks retarded, though.

User avatar
ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper
Posts: 4906
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Finland

Postby ardizt » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 pm

Silly Stafi, dog with a hair. roflsnakes

man, i gotta practise my german-skillz. just love the way it sounds :D

User avatar
Astica
divine
divine
Posts: 7366
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:57 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Astica » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:27 am

Hahaha. Oh, what political correctness has done to cartoons.

User avatar
Frank Sino.
distorted
distorted
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 am
Location: America's hat
Contact:

Re: Old cartoons and films from your country

Postby Frank Sino. » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:34 pm

lovehater wrote:I don't know if there's been such a topic before but here goes:

This is "Nu Pogodi!" and the title can be translated to "Just you wait!". It's a Russian cartoon about a rabbit and a wolf. Watch it and have a laugh. The only Russian you need to know to understand it has been translated in this post. The soundtrack is actually really psychedelic too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM8qgX3vbuI[/youtube]


Russian cartoon fonts are weird...

I'm not sure if there were any old Canadian cartoons, that were only in Canada. The only Canadian cartoon i can think of right now is the television version of 'Jacob Two Two'. It's not new though...

I cant find a Youtube video.

Failed.

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Re: Old cartoons and films from your country

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:56 pm

lovehater wrote:I don't know if there's been such a topic before but here goes


It's interesting how it seems to be a running gag that the wolf always smokes his cigarettes the wrong way.

User avatar
Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine
Posts: 2422
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Teh town

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 pm

Sorry for spoiling your plausible illusion but take a look here.
I bought two packs containing 25 pieces each for my friend and I only paid 16 rubles (approx. 0,5 €). He told me that smoking them was like smoking gunpowder. They contain 1,8 mg nichotine and up to 40 mg tar, which is extreme considering the small amount of tobacco. It's like four times stronger than an average cigarette.

Still, it would have been a cool gag if he actually smoked them the wrong way :wink:

User avatar
Frank Sino.
distorted
distorted
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 am
Location: America's hat
Contact:

Postby Frank Sino. » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:04 pm

lovehater wrote:It's like four times stronger than an average cigarette.


so, from what i've heard, it's a cigar

User avatar
ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper
Posts: 4906
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Finland

Postby ardizt » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:19 pm

lovehater wrote:Sorry for spoiling your plausible illusion but take a look here.
I bought two packs containing 25 pieces each for my friend and I only paid 16 rubles (approx. 0,5 €). He told me that smoking them was like smoking gunpowder. They contain 1,8 mg nichotine and up to 40 mg tar, which is extreme considering the small amount of tobacco. It's like four times stronger than an average cigarette.

Still, it would have been a cool gag if he actually smoked them the wrong way :wink:


My cigarettes have 0,9mg of nikateen and 0,7mg of tar. Wowwee O_O

User avatar
Schnabel von Rom
divine
divine
Posts: 2422
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Teh town

Postby Schnabel von Rom » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Mr.Eisenfaust wrote:
lovehater wrote:It's like four times stronger than an average cigarette.


so, from what i've heard, it's a cigar

Cigars are yummy and have a wrapper made of tobacco. What the wolf is smoking is called a papirosa and is made of cardboard and paper.

User avatar
HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7931
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: yurop
Contact:

Postby HeRetiK » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:02 pm

lovehater wrote:Sorry for spoiling your plausible illusion but take a look here.


lol... interesting. kinda like the 5th element then :)

User avatar
Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass
Posts: 8862
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

Postby Spaced Ape » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:21 am

I've always been a Loony Toons fan. Daffy Duck for the ultimate win.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep


Return to “Movies & TV series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest