Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

krishh.
divine
divine

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Postby krishh. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:05 pm

HOLY CRAP. i haven't seen it yet, duh, i'm american. i just wanted to be the first nooblet to post about it. :) i'm going tonight for the 12 o clock showing. say nothing, i'm a harry junkie. i can't wait to see dumbledore and aragog die! -excited-

Edit: Movie Review
I wasn't too pleased. A war was cut out at the end, Bill is never introduced, Fenrir Greyback never formally introduced. The movie was dark, I suppose because the next two movies are filled with action. This can be understood, however, to account for time and money. It was unexpectedly funny, especially when Hermione would get mad because Ron was dating Lavender. I don't think Dumbledore's death was portrayed well. In the book, Harry doesn't defend Dumbledore at the tower because Dumbledore was paralyzed him under the invisibility cloak. The producers made it look like Harry was a bystander and we all know he has a 'saving-people-thing'. in the book, Harry knew Dumbledore died, because the spell had lifted. That really turned me off. Going back to Bill and Fenrir... in the war, Fenrir Greyback, werewolf, mauls Bill's face- doesn't bite, so he becomes wolfy. This is where Fleur pledges to never leave his side and - to get married, and him and Lupin develop a wolfy bond. Overall I rate the movie 8/10. But as a Harry fan- 5/10
Last edited by krishh. on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voly wrote:You just got told by a sassy 13 year old.

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

rainboo
divine
divine

Postby rainboo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:42 pm

also going to see this tomorrow :oops:
daniel radcliffe is gross :(
TALK SHIT GET HIT.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 pm

daniel radcliffe ain't bad. but tom felton's pretty damn cute. ;D

dickwad wrote:i'll let krishh off because i wanna fill her hoo-ha with my goof juice.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:21 pm

All I know...
-spoiler-
There are a number of changes from the book in the film. Much of the book's ending has been changed, with the climactic battle and Dumbledore's funeral being removed.
/spoiler
That makes the movie somewhat a fail.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4[/youtube]

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am

S. [Burned] Y. wrote:All I know...
-spoiler-
There are a number of changes from the book in the film. Much of the book's ending has been changed, with the climactic battle and Dumbledore's funeral being removed.
/spoiler
That makes the movie a fail.

they always fuck up the books. it's to be expected. =/

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:51 am

Yeah, I know that, but that's awful. That was one of the main points of that book, why the hell not have it? 'Oh, it doesn't flow with the story.' Like hell it doesn't.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.

Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:24 am

The producer is opting to make the funeral the beginning of the next movie. I'm at the theatre now eavesdropping.

rainboo
divine
divine

Postby rainboo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:32 pm

so i saw it a few days ago.
7/10 as movies go
4/10 as far as being true to the book.

best part ever "harry!" "SIR?" and the grimace. :)

also all of us jumped in our seats at the part where the inferni grabbed harry's ankle (event hough everyone knew it was coming) hehe. :oops:
TALK SHIT GET HIT.

pink_lemonade
damaged
damaged

Postby pink_lemonade » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:48 pm

I saw this a while back; and my sister bought it on dvd the day it came out, only to reach the same conclusion as I; My favourite book of the series being crammed into a fairly meh movie. Depressing, and patchy.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 am

the book is always better than the movie, hands down. the prisoner of azkaban was by far the greatest hp movie. well, sirius was my favorite character...

Ay-Ze
deformed
deformed

Postby Ay-Ze » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 am

The Harry Potter books became so depressing. The movie was still good, though. A while back I just stopped carring if the movie was different from the book. They always are, anyway.
A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:06 am

i kind of hated the deathly hallows ending.
SPOILER (though you should've read it by now)
i didn't like that harry ended up with ginny. there's no way that would've lasted.

Ay-Ze
deformed
deformed

Postby Ay-Ze » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 am

I always figured it would be Harry and Hermione. [Spoiler] I couldn't stand how they killed one of the twins. You can't kill just one twin! Thats like wearning one glove and burning the other!
A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 am

312 wrote:I always figured it would be Harry and Hermione. [Spoiler] I couldn't stand how they killed one of the twins. You can't kill just one twin! Thats like wearning one glove and burning the other!

meh. i saw it coming.
don't get me wrong, i know what you mean...

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:21 am

She left everyone like this:

Given the precision with which she did this, I can't help but think it was intentional. Then again, Misery by Stephen King comes to mind, where the character only wrote the Misery series because it was his breadwinner, even though he hated it, so he killed the character in a gruesome way at the end of the series. Enter loads and loads of trudging through a novel about someone being either drugged up, or wishing he was drugged up. I couldn't make myself finish it.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 am

I originally gave up Harry Potter after the 4th book, because I decided it was dreadfully lame and wanted to read something that didn't have such easily won battles/endings. That whole love conquers all thing was never really something I accepted. However I was persuaded to finish the series and did so earlier this year, so I now feel I have a place in this conversation.

Saw Ron and Hermione coming (harharhar), but I also thought Harry and Ginny was slightly weird, and shouldn't have worked. I also hated that they both ended up in their high school relationships for the rest of their lives. That is not at all healthy. My flatmate made me promise not to read the epilogue, but of course when I reached the end I kind of had to anyway.

And by god did those books get angsty. Not saying it was a really bad thing, but the angst was kind of infectious and put me in angsty moods that I couldn't help but feel I was too old for.

On the subject of the films, since they've all had different crews/writers/directors etc behind them, it seems that each crew has screwed it up for the next one in what they include/exclude, so the films are kind of snowballing in their differences to the book because of this.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 am

i wanna see hermione coming. :shock:

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:11 pm

How's Harry and Ginny not healthy? I met Matt while I was in high school.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Best friends little sister. It's just weird. Also, I don't think its healthy to be with one person from when you were very young til the day you die. You don't give yourself enough room to know yourself that way. But thats just my opinion I guess. See also: Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

krishh.
divine
divine

Postby krishh. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 pm

i figured ron and hermione would work out in the long way.
but there was no way harry and ginny would've lasted.
harry would've found someone else, probably an auror like himself.

Return to “Movies & TV series”