Paranormal Activity

The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Rusty Nails
damaged
damaged

Paranormal Activity

Postby Rusty Nails » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:05 pm

I see that nobody has done a post on this. I liked it. What do you think?
Just let me burn, it's what I deserve, God I've lied, am I lost in your eyes....

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Bullshit.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Watched it in the middle of a film marathon, which maybe dampened the experience as it was surrounded by cool movies. It was alright, I guess. We thought it was kind of funny that a lot of their "paranormal activity" is stuff that happens in our house due to the draft and the mouse population. Reminded me of the blair witch project, only slightly less shit.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:46 am

I saw it today. Based on a whether it was real or not, it seemed kinda faked. But, as a movie, the last part really freaked me out, the rest was a waste of time. But it was worth it to see that last part, IMO.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:01 am

It's not real, and neither is the Blair Witch Project. It pisses me off when people believe in BWP.

So here goes my easy kill to anyone's dreams of it being real:

The annoying chick from the Blair Witch Project (link).
The guy that had a sense of humor and disappeared first (link).
The guy that kicked the map into the river (link).
Director #1 (link)
Director #2 (link)

That, and they're going to make a sequel.

It surprises me so much how many people still believe in the Blair Witch Project...
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 am

I don't think anyone genuinely believes that the Blair Witch Project film is actual footage, but it was hyped as being based on a true story, so those people who believe it don't believe the above actors were the actual people, but that there were still actual people who mysteriously died in the forest and captured strange things on video. Also, there already is a sequel.

Paranormal Activity, if I remember rightly, specifically states that its based purely in fiction at the end, probably so as to avoid all the problems the Blair Witch Project had after its release with believers. Trying to imply or even state that the happenings are based on truth is just another convention of that type of horror/suspense genre, and people need to realize that.

Or it could be awesome like Vice Squad and say that while the story isn't specifically based on actual events, things like this totally happen all the time :lol:

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:28 pm

I know 6 people PERSONALLY that believe Blair Witch is real footage from real people. I could not possibly just coincidentally know all of the people that believe it, :lol:.

I've tried to tell them it's not real, but they didn't want to be convinced it wasn't real, and voiced it openly.

"I don't care if it is real or not, I think it is real and I want to keep believing it."

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Humans are hilarious.

...i think.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:10 pm

humans are fucking idiots.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:31 pm

and idiots.

And geniouses.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Voly wrote:I know 6 people PERSONALLY that believe Blair Witch is real footage from real people. I could not possibly just coincidentally know all of the people that believe it, :lol:.

I've tried to tell them it's not real, but they didn't want to be convinced it wasn't real, and voiced it openly.

"I don't care if it is real or not, I think it is real and I want to keep believing it."

First you happen to know the people who take Bill O'Reilly seriously, then you happen to know the people who can't tell the difference between documentary and film.

Get the fuck out of Missouri.

Rusty Nails
damaged
damaged

Postby Rusty Nails » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:51 pm

They say that they may make another one.
I saw a funny parody about it.

Go to You Tube and type in Sexual Activity.
Just let me burn, it's what I deserve, God I've lied, am I lost in your eyes....

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Astica wrote:
Paranormal Activity, if I remember rightly, specifically states that its based purely in fiction at the end, probably so as to avoid all the problems the Blair Witch Project had after its release with believers.

I do not believe it said that, though it seemed obvoius to me it wasn't real when the girl "ate" the camera.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:36 am

After it ends, there is that screen saying the police found the guys body a short while later but the girl was never seen again. Then it might have been after the credits or something it said it was based in fiction. I remember thinking it was hilarious that they had to emphasize that. Anyone know the bit I mean? It was the 24 hour movie marathon, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:53 am

There are different endings.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 am

I saw it in theaters, and they actually did not do credits, strangely. I had thought there was something after that screen, but then the lights came on and everyone left like 2 minutes later....

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:01 am

Astica wrote:
Voly wrote:I know 6 people PERSONALLY that believe Blair Witch is real footage from real people. I could not possibly just coincidentally know all of the people that believe it, :lol:.

First you happen to know the people who take Bill O'Reilly seriously, then you happen to know the people who can't tell the difference between documentary and film.

Get the fuck out of Missouri.

I wish. This place is a tarpit.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:44 am

Wait, which ending did you guys see then? I heard the studio demanded a reshoot, but didn't think they released both.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Ending, meaning before the little messages about Micah dying? Kaylee walked downstairs in a dream-like stance...silence...screaming. Micah runs downstairs, more screaming. Silence.
Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.
Micah's body thrown against camera. Kaylee comes inside with a hole in her stomach. She sniffs the corpse, looks at camera, goes ape-shit demon, eats camera.

Then message and blank screen.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Yep, that's what we saw. But I think there was more in the way of credits afterwards :\

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 am

Theater fail?

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:18 pm

I don't blame teh theater. When I worked at a movie theater, I -hated- credit watchers. We had about 10 minutes to clean then entire theater and get to the next one. About half of that was spent on credits. We would get so fucking far behind because we had to wait for everyone to leave to start cleaning.

Use google if you wanna know who the assistant to the assistant to the assistant director was.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:42 am

Kristinadot wrote:I don't blame teh theater. When I worked at a movie theater, I -hated- credit watchers. We had about 10 minutes to clean then entire theater and get to the next one. About half of that was spent on credits. We would get so fucking far behind because we had to wait for everyone to leave to start cleaning.

Use google if you wanna know who the assistant to the assistant to the assistant director was.

I think that says more about the theater having a tight schedule than the cinema-goers.

Also, I forgot to say how much I respect the people who made this film. It's topped basically everything else in the American box office right now, because instead of focusing on big budget tricks and celebrities, they've been hugely resourceful while staying within their means and won people over by knowing how to make people feel through effects and suspense that aren't too overdone or drawn out. I respect it from a film-makers perspective, even if it wasn't too great for me as a film viewer. Although it was alright. People like Michael Bay need to learn from these guys :lol:

Return to “Movies & TV series”