Boondock Saints Two

The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

obskewer
divine
divine

Boondock Saints Two

Postby obskewer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:06 am

Just saw it today. Stays very true to the first one. Infact, it came over the top with my expectations. I recommend everyone go out and see this movie, and see the first one if you have not yet.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm

The first one was amazing. I just wish I knew when 2 would come to theaters, as I will not pirate the movie.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

Rusty Nails
damaged
damaged

Postby Rusty Nails » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 pm

*watched the movie in ahh*
Just let me burn, it's what I deserve, God I've lied, am I lost in your eyes....

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:56 pm

-tch- I've heard boondock saints two is as banal and uninteresting as the first one. Even people who liked the first film are having doubts about it. Although I'll most likely have to wait a while to see if it lives down to the unhype.

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:42 am

Always aim low huh? :lol:
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

obskewer
divine
divine

Postby obskewer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:21 pm

You have to have a love for cheesy action flicks to watch them. But anyone that adored the first one should also love the second. Seeing as it follows the same style and has the same exact cast as the original.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:47 am

Astica doesn't like American movies.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:28 am

:lol: I like some american movies, just not ones like this.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Not good ones?

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 pm

I didn't much care for the first Boondock Saints either.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 am

Voly wrote:Not good ones?

Not ones like Boondock Saints, Transformers and Juno, which seem to be the sorts of American films discussed here. There are some decent American films about, but no-one seems willing to talk about them :(

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:48 am

None of the three movies you mentioned are anything I would put into a category together, except maybe singly the country where they were made.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 am

Voly wrote:None of the three movies you mentioned are anything I would put into a category together, except maybe singly the country where they were made.

They were in the category of "American films discussed on MD semi-recently", since we were talking specifically about American films and discussion. I just scrolled down the Movie and TV Series subforum page and picked them up.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 pm

So throw out the names of movies you -do- wanna talk about?
I've got one hand in my pocket

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Kristinadot wrote:So throw out the names of movies you -do- wanna talk about?

Well, if we're talking specifically of American movies, I think films like Paranormal Activity, Hedwig and the Angry Inch and even Zombieland would provide more interesting discussion for tech, industry and viewer reasons. While Boondock saints doesn't really have anything going for it in my opinion, the films above have done something interesting, like re-embrace Henry Jame's concept of the suspense veil to aid in making low budget suspense horror, or challenge the way we view ideas of gender, religion and sexuality in film, or even just put a couple of new spins on what would otherwise be a genre going stale.

Actually, Dance of the Dead was probably a better example than Zombieland. Regardless, it kept us entertained at the marathon.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm

I enjoyed the film Ordinary People quite recently. There's some decent American film. You listed horror movies. Pff.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Guitar_clock wrote:I enjoyed the film Ordinary People quite recently. There's some decent American film. You listed horror movies. Pff.

:shock: Out of three films, I listed one horror movie, one drama, and one comedy. Have you seen any of them, or were you just assuming?

Also, the Aro website didn't have much to say about Ordinary People. Sales pitch, please?

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Cause horror movies are teh shit!

I haven't been able to see Paranormal Activity yet, though I've heard pretty good things. I think I'mma have to coerce somebody to watch Jimi so that we can go.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:27 am

Astica wrote:
Guitar_clock wrote:I enjoyed the film Ordinary People quite recently. There's some decent American film. You listed horror movies. Pff.

:shock: Out of three films, I listed one horror movie, one drama, and one comedy. Have you seen any of them, or were you just assuming?

Also, the Aro website didn't have much to say about Ordinary People. Sales pitch, please?

Zombieland come on

"The accidental death of the older son of an affluent family deeply strains the relationships among the bitter mother, the good-natured father, and the guilt-ridden younger son."

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:00 am

^Zombieland is a reasonably big Blockbuster-ride film at the moment, so I assumed you would have heard of it. And the suggestion that Hedwig is horror shocks and upsets me :evil:

Also, I will add Ordinary People to my list, just for you. Its behind quite a line though, so it could be a while before I actually watch it.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am

I loved the first one, and I enjoyed the second. But I spent most of the movie amazed at how old and fat everyone looked. I realize eight years or so makes a difference, but the brothers looked like they had spent five years on heroin and then got off of it and started a BK bender. It really distracted me.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm

I thought they just looked older. *shrug*

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Sean Patrick Flannery looked like he didn't even have a neck anymore. His head looked like it was attached directly to his body.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Boondock Saints was a great movie. But, as a rule, all sequels suck, so I doubt I'll care to see Boondock Saints Two (or Crank Two, for that matter).

Astica wrote:
Voly wrote:Not good ones?

Not ones like Boondock Saints, Transformers and Juno, which seem to be the sorts of American films discussed here. There are some decent American films about, but no-one seems willing to talk about them :(

... Never put Boondock Saints next to Transformers or Juno in a list, ever again.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:05 pm

how about series anarch? or do you think all bonds after dr. no were bad?
Music over Matter

Return to “Movies & TV series”