Boondock Saints Two

The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:54 am

How about any movie that has a multi million dollar budget and A list actors?

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 am

Frosty wrote:
Astica wrote:...What? I'm saying you're biased in saying the films have nothing in common because you liked Boondock.

It appears I don't really know what's going on. I thought this was about American films in general.

Oh, no. I'm talking specifically about the sorts of films discussed on MD that are "safe" films that don't really bring anything new to the table and are only really made for profit without being any good. I just scrolled down the subforum page and those films jumped out at me, regardless of being American.

I'm going to make this clear now. Whenever I complain about films such as these, I complain about them on a specific film/production company/point of production basic, not because they're American. It just so happens that since the American film industry happens to turn out as many films as it does, there is bound to be a higher number of shit ones than in other places. Not necessarily in ratio, but in quantity.
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of American films out there that I enjoy, but there are of course many that I also do not, like anywhere.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:11 am

I'm still not quite sure how a movie about teen pregnancy can be considered safe.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:00 am

Astica wrote:Megan Fox with bad CGI tits

I think it's funny that average-busted girls and guys who want to impress average-busted girls all claim that attractive women with larger-than-average busts are not attractive.

I'm saying you're biased in saying the films have nothing in common because you liked Boondock.

Well I dunno about Frosty, but that's not why I said they had nothing in common.

Frosty wrote:Lord of the Rings.

Hahahaha!

I would have at least consulted a list on Wikipedia, or even admitted that I didn't know of any good ones, rather than list the only kiwi film I'd ever seen as a good one even if it wasn't.

(EDIT: Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just think it had a budget 100 times bigger than any movie should ever have. The whole point of good directing is to make something great out of small resources. If it took you tens of millions of dollars to make a movie only as good as The Lord Of The Rings was, then you're not doing it right.)

My recommendation? Braindead.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 am

Anarch wrote:

I think it's funny that average-busted girls and guys who want to impress average-busted girls all claim that attractive women with larger-than-average busts are not attractive.

Don't get me wrong, some women suit big tits, I just don't think Megan Fox is very attractive. Also, Braindead <3

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

You may not want to realize it, but you only don't think she's attractive because the public does.

Disclaimer: I dunno, maybe you really don't consider her attractive, and it has nothing to do with that. But if you really don't, then I think you're weird. She's obviously an attractive woman, and that's why people pay money to see her wear attractive clothing and play attractive roles.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 am

Anarch wrote:You may not want to realize it, but you only don't think she's attractive because the public does.

Disclaimer: I dunno, maybe you really don't consider her attractive, and it has nothing to do with that. But if you really don't, then I think you're weird. She's obviously an attractive woman, and that's why people pay money to see her wear attractive clothing and play attractive roles.

She's too freakishly symmetrical for my liking. Not to mention she looks like she'd feel solid to touch, as in hard instead of soft, and I think soft girls are nicer. She also looks too dollish to be very flexible.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:44 am

i have no idea what the public thinks about megan fox. i do not find her attractive.
not that she's unattractive, but she doesn't appeal to me all that much.
Music over Matter

pink_lemonade
damaged
damaged

Postby pink_lemonade » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 am

Megan Fox's orangeness was rather distracting in Transformers 2. I think Miranda Kerr is much more attractive, just saying.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 pm

TOE THUMBS
[/somebullshit]

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 pm

@ AUG, not safe like that. Safe as in the movie isn't taking any risks, it's sure to be a hit.

As far as Megan Fox goes. . .I think she's fuckin hawt.
I've got one hand in my pocket

Spaced Ape
Grand Poo-bah of Syn's fat ass

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:40 pm

So now we're talking about Hollywood actresses everyone thinks are hot but aren't. If so, I vote for Angelina Jolie. She looks like an alien.
Is there a promised land
Or am I on the journey going to nowhere?
Are the streets paved with gold
Or am I slipping on the mold that slowly grows there?
DevilDriver - Monsters of the Deep

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:18 pm

AnUninvitedGuest wrote:I'm still not quite sure how a movie about teen pregnancy can be considered safe.

What's the matter¿ It's just a story.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:34 pm

It was a movie about two teens deciding what to do with an unwanted pregnancy and it was written by a stripper. It seems to me like the studio took a pretty big risk making it considering how easy it is to aggravate the far right wing into turning into a giant "You will all burn in hell" slug fest.

Spaced Ape

Postby Spaced Ape » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Controversy sells.
Is there a promised land

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 pm

I guess you have a point there.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:20 pm

See: Eduard Manet's Luncheon on the Grass 1863

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:44 am

Anarch wrote:

Honestly, larger than average breasts are the most unattractive thing, to me. Except maybe if the person has larger than average EVERYTHING. Then it'd be the obesity.

[/shallow]
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dickwad
ueberdivine
ueberdivine

Postby dickwad » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 am

Eschatos wrote:So now we're talking about Hollywood actresses everyone thinks are hot but aren't. If so, I vote for Angelina Jolie. She looks like an alien.

i love you sometimes.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:40 am

Okay, I'm gonna be honest, until this tangent started, and until a minute or two after I had already posted defending Megan Fox's attractiveness, this was the only picture I had ever seen of her, so you'll have to forgive me for jumping to the conclusion that she was attractive.

As for Jolie, you can't deny she has a ridiculously hot body, even if her lips and jaw are... odd.

EDIT: You know what, she doesn't even look that odd. I think people blow her oddities out of proportion because they're sick of how popular she is. Sure, there are a few pictures of her that make her lips look too big, or make her jaw line look way too prominent, but for every one of those there are a bunch of ones like this that are neither flattering nor unflattering. She's okay looking.

____

Spaced Ape

Postby Spaced Ape » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:30 am

Actually I don't think she's that bad of an actor, and she does loads of charity work. So I'm not bashing on her as a person at all, just that I think she looks like some sort of creature stuck in human clothes, while everyone I know (especially the girls) thinks she's god damned Venus or something.

I'm more of a Jennifer Tilly kind of guy.

I like curves on my womens.
Is there a promised land

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:01 am

Like Hayden!

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:04 am

Kylie Minogue, for me. I can't resist her legs. Seriously, I can't even begin to express how amazed I was when I saw this video. I basically jizzed in my pants. (The music is painfully pop, but OH GOD HER LEGS.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaGS3Uts704[/youtube]

____

pink_lemonade
damaged
damaged

Postby pink_lemonade » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:10 am

I like Kylie; she's short, and I'm short :) (though I do not have legs like hers..)
And, she's an Aussie, mate.

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Anarch wrote:The music is painfully pop, but OH GOD HER LEGS.

Best quote in this thread so far? I think so.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

Return to “Movies & TV series”