The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 am

On Topic:

Domestic: $491,767,000 30.7%
+ Foreign: $1,111,300,000 69.3%
= Worldwide: $1,603,067,000
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 am

well, speaking from holland, we have an euthanasia declaration we can take, stating when we want to have it ended. however, pretty much no doctor is willing to be taken up on it. technically you should be able to be euthanized in specific situations, but in practicality you can't. people won't help you, so no assisted suicide.

Well, it shows people have morality in the wrong place....
On topic, then yes, you ought be able to kill yourself through improvised methods when you meet my above conditions.

having been in such institutes for those i care about, and being researched by psychiatrists and psychologists years ago, i can tell you that if you truly are in such a bad state, institutions do NOT provide comfort.

There must be some point in the world where there's actually a comfortable home for such people. Otherwise, I would put his position in life in the "unfix-able mental pain" section and agree, yes, he can kill himself.

so near max of what that specific PERSON can do? of what the best imaginary human can do?

Of what the imaginary human can do.

it's the action and motive in the circumstance that would warrant if it would be weak or not, i'd say. not the history. weakness can have been in past events, but that does not colour present ones.

In this case, history = cause of motives/circumstances. If the history hadn't been there, the present wouldn't be.

i know people like that, having to live on 5 bucks a week because of debts someone else made, debts that keep on going 'till they're repaid, and can't ever be repaid in our lifetime.

Let me clarify that, by extreme, I mean as bad as robbery, leaving the country, mugging, ect.

BTW, we got slightly off the movie topic. This is a little far off for even MD :lol:
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:21 am

There must be some point in the world where there's actually a comfortable home for such people.

the problem is, you're locked up with nutters, screamers, sobbers, cryers, knockers, all kinds.
and then there's the fact that everyone there needs so much attention, no one gets enough of it.

Let me clarify that, by extreme, I mean as bad as robbery, leaving the country, mugging, ect.

how could you leave the country other than by becoming an illegal?
and there's such a thing as morals which can prevent robbery and the like. not to mention the fact you'll be at odds with the law from then on.
Music over Matter

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm

There's always the Cloisters home for the mentally ill.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:22 pm

the problem is, you're locked up with nutters, screamers, sobbers, cryers, knockers, all kinds.
and then there's the fact that everyone there needs so much attention, no one gets enough of it.

I'm just going to assume Voly is being serious and go with his answer, plus home-care, monasteries, ect.

how could you leave the country other than by becoming an illegal?
and there's such a thing as morals which can prevent robbery and the like. not to mention the fact you'll be at odds with the law from then on.

Precisely why it's extreme.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

@both, none of those are an option.
with the former, some are financially impossible, some are impossible due to distance, and the rest would simply not help.

as for the latter, that means that they can't be pursued, a road closed is a road that could just as well not be there.
Music over Matter

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:07 am

I watched a pirated version (unfortunately) while stuck in HelL.A. The movie was decent. I guess I'm going to have to see it in theaters so I can see the quality animation though.
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive
Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine
The only thing I need is time
To change your mind, I said

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 pm

@ Az: At the first, admittedly, specific conditions do apply. If his quality of life is nil, then I reiterate he ought to give suicide an option.

At the second, there are options for everyone, they just must take the steps necessary.

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 pm

If his quality of life is nil, then I reiterate he ought to give suicide an option.

is exactly how i view it, if the experience of life is negative overall, ending it's fine. if it's completely neutral (impossible except for the theoretical, but possible to come close to), then i'd say stay if that prevents grief from others. if it's positive, why the hell even consider it?

'n no, sometimes all the options that would be available are impossible, and therefore not an option at all.
Music over Matter

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Debating whether or not an option is available would branch into psychology, philosophy, human ability, law, location, ect. and I think ought to be avoided XD

So we agree on the suicide thing now, yea?

Azgarth
divine
divine

Postby Azgarth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

did we ever not agree? i know my views haven't changed, have yours?

as for options being available, a simple check into the person and situation can evaluate that quickly with little care for personal bias in the viewer.
Music over Matter

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 am

...true, good point. Just needed clarification.

That's what I said, with technical stuff.

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 am

ALL TIME DOMESTIC
1. Titanic $600,788,188
2. Avatar $552,797,000

ALL TIME WORLDWIDE
1. Titanic $1,842,879,955
2. Avatar $1,836,143,000
For those that fight for it, life has a flavour that the sheltered will never know.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:05 am

30ish dollars of Avatar's in the US was me, although I think like 9 of it went to RealD.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Did ya'll know that the movie theaters only get about 0.25 from the movie tickets (well, the theater I worked at did, off of a 7.50$ ticket)?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 pm

I did not know that. Now I'm NEVER going to the movies!

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Yup. That's also why a tub of popcorn is 7.75$, and a drink 5.75$.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 am

I was aware of it. That's one reason I always spend money on food when I am there.

And the movie theater I live nearest charges $12.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:28 am

Per ticket? I think ours is nearing that point.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:32 am

Yes, per ticket.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:15 am

$7.25 at Campbell 16 Theater in Springfield, the rest are a bit higher, $7 even at Bolivar 4 Cine in Bolivar.

dot.
divine
divine

Postby dot. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 am

Just checked - It's 8.50 now.

Ashreal
divine
divine

Postby Ashreal » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 am

‘Avatar’ Is New King of the World

Jan. 26 - On Monday, Avatar officially sailed past Titanic to become the all time highest-grossing movie worldwide, tallying $1.86 billion

1. Avatar $1,858,562,198
2. Titanic $1,843,201,268
3. Return of the King $1,119,110,941

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 am

Guitar_clock wrote:I did not know that. Now I'm NEVER going to the movies!

:\ why not? Don't the people who made the film deserve some money too?

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 pm

DVD.

...Film major...

Return to “Movies & TV series”