The Book Of Eli

The place for anything that is related to movies or tv series.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Elen Sila
divine
divine

The Book Of Eli

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:25 am

The Green Mile is no longer my favorite movie of all time. It has been relegated to second best by The Book Of Eli. Don't look up anything about it online. Just see it. The less you know beforehand, the better.
DW wrote:anarch is more than slightly mental, he's completely fucking bonkers

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 am

Yeh no thanks I already beat fallout 3

Chichevache
divine
divine

Re: The Book Of Eli

Postby Chichevache » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:33 am

Anarch wrote:The Green Mile is no longer my favorite movie of all time. It has been relegated to second best by The Book Of Eli. Don't look up anything about it online. Just see it. The less you know beforehand, the better.

OMG HE HAS A BIBLE!
[size=0]I just saved you $10 and two hours.[/size]
I can't decide which one of us will leave here alive
Your fingers breaking as I place them over mine
The only thing I need is time
To change your mind, I said

S. [Burned] Y.
divine
divine

Postby S. [Burned] Y. » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Hitler's dick.
For all we know humans are just weapons created by the world.
Yonaka Sanryu - This thread makes the EMOs slit their wrists.

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Guitar_clock wrote:Yeh no thanks I already beat fallout 3

Lol'd. Is it just me or has post apocalyptic stories become fairly common in recent years?

@AUG: Is it actually just a bible? I thought it probably would be, man I woulda been pissed to of paid to see that... you just saved me money!

Thanks but your not getting it.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:35 pm

That's what I've been told it was. Sounds dumb.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm

You guys aren't going to see it because it "sounds dumb." Wow. Congratulations, you closed minded little fucks.

Voly wrote:Do you reproduce by budding? Because if so, I'm so selling you to science.

____

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 am

Wow, if I didn't subconsciously attribute avatars to individuals, I would've sworn that was Frosty, not you, Anarch.
Astica wrote:That's probably the wankiest thing I've heard all day.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:23 am

Anarch wrote:You guys aren't going to see it because it "sounds dumb." Wow. Congratulations, you closed minded little fucks.

Closed minded? So you watch every single movie that you hear about? That seems pretty ridiculous. I try and take the opinions of people I trust to decide if a movie is worth seeing.

Or are you just so quick to anger because this is your favorite movie?

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:38 am

AUG wrote:
Anarch wrote:You guys aren't going to see it because it "sounds dumb." Wow. Congratulations, you closed minded little fucks.

Closed minded? So you watch every single movie that you hear about? That seems pretty ridiculous. I try and take the opinions of people I trust to decide if a movie is worth seeing.

Or are you just so quick to anger because this is your favorite movie?

I'm angry because you guys totally dismissed my wholehearted recommendation.

I don't see every single movie I hear about, but I don't fucking dismiss a movie right out of hand when somebody I know tells me they loved it and feel I should see it.

____

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:05 am

You're not the only person who has talked about the movie. And more people have said "Don't waste your time." than have recommended it. Plus, Anarch, your odd tastes don't give you as much credibility as it would if Voly or Glock had given the movie props. You're weird. Undeniably. And you take pleasure in things that the rest of us don't. So while I believe you loved this movie and it's heavy handed imagery was suitable for you, the fact that you differ from the rest of us so much is a strong reason for your viewpoint being less valid.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm going to go see it based on his recommendation, because I'll either love it, or find it hilarious.

Elen wrote:If they were just bickering about politics, instead of indulging ERQ's passive-aggressive, self-aggrandizing fuckassery, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Anarch wrote: You guys aren't going to see it because it "sounds dumb." Wow. Congratulations, you closed minded little fucks.

Lol go fuck yourself Anarch. I'm not not seeing it because you told me to, get over yourself.

I'm not going to see it because it seems extremely predictable, as I've already predicted the entire point of it. The only real shroud of secrecy over it is that it's called 'The Book of Eli' instead of 'The Bible.. In the future! After an apocalypse!' Like we'd all be fighting over that information?

It looks like its well acted, and has some decent action sequences, but otherwise... I'l wait for friend to torrent methinks.

I mean come on, what else woulda been in that book? The recipe for cookies? It woulda been more important for it to be a history encyclopaedia, or any manual on how to make practically anything. Or instructions on how to take a shower.

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

You should propably see it first before you make such a desicion.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Kex wrote:I'm not going to see it because it seems extremely predictable, as I've already predicted the entire point of it. The only real shroud of secrecy over it is that it's called 'The Book of Eli' instead of 'The Bible.. In the future! After an apocalypse!' Like we'd all be fighting over that information?

Dude, it never hides the fact that he's carrying a bible. Why do you guys seem to think it does? It's only called "The Book Of Eli" because it's less generic sounding than "Eli's Book."

Besides, the real twist, right at the end, is much more unpredictable than that. I certainly didn't see it coming, anyway.

I mean come on, what else woulda been in that book? The recipe for cookies? It woulda been more important for it to be a history encyclopaedia, or any manual on how to make practically anything. Or instructions on how to take a shower.

THE IDENTITY OF THE BOOK IS NEVER ONCE KEPT MYSTERIOUS TO ANYONE EXCEPT SOME OF THE CHARACTERS. THE AUDIENCE IS MEANT TO UNDERSTAND IT'S A BIBLE RIGHT FROM THE START.

____

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Netflix. I'll see it in a few months, kthanks.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:46 am

Kex wrote:
Anarch wrote: You guys aren't going to see it because it "sounds dumb." Wow. Congratulations, you closed minded little fucks.

Lol go fuck yourself Anarch. I'm not not seeing it because you told me to, get over yourself.

Wow, this is just about exactly what I'd expect a close minded little fuck to say.

Chichevache
divine
divine

Postby Chichevache » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:52 am

He said that it isn't because of Anarch that he won't see it. As in, it is not Anarch's opinion making the difference.

Voly
divine
divine

Postby Voly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 am

I personally would never watch a movie with a Bible in it. I don't have any reasoning, but Anarch liking it just backed up my idea that it obviously sucks. In fact, I hate everything anyone likes, especially the Bible. Oh, and fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Seriously, you guys are being asshats.

ardizt
Captain Evil Stomper

Postby ardizt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 am

lol america

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Personally, Anarch's assurance that it's good is a check mark for it, but I haven't heard enough to convince me I ought to spend $7.50 (or more for friends and food) on it, when I can get it soon enough for less than $.50 (rough estimate). Delayed gratification and all that.
S. [Burned] Y. wrote:Zyn, please stop telling the special ed kids of your school about this place.

Voly wrote:You just earned back all the many, many points I've taken away from you (mentally) since you've been here.

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Meh, I really enjoyed seeing it in a gigantic dark theater with industrial grade surround sound. But whatever.

____

Kex
distorted
distorted

Postby Kex » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:15 pm

You sound like a prissy 13 year old girl... WHATEVAR!

I just don't like being called a close minded little fuck for no other reason than it's Anarchs favourite movie and I don't wanna see it.

I don't wanna see the film because it is not likely to entertain me, no?

Elen Sila
divine
divine

Postby Elen Sila » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:49 pm

You must have really high standards for entertainment.

____

Zyn
divine
divine

Postby Zyn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Well, Anarch, you hafta admit Kex might enjoy very different things. Like sappy romance or something (not saying you do, just an example, Kex!).

Return to “Movies & TV series”