Post Music Links

Talk about music, bands, concerts, instruments, etc.

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

Alfons
damaged
damaged

Postby Alfons » Sun May 04, 2008 11:58 pm

Philip wrote:
Astica wrote:Visual Kei. As I said in my previous post somewhere up this page. They look like visual kei SCENE boys. Its a Japanese concept. They are Japanese.

Key word highlighted.

Tell me in all honesty that visual kei is not almost completely based on Western scene/emo conceptual.
Considering the emo deal you're thinking of started to become vaguely popular in the mid-90s (the genre had been around before then, but the style had not), and visual kei's been around since at least the late 80s, I'd say that...well...you get the point.
Góðan daginn.

Astica
divine
divine

Postby Astica » Mon May 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Alfons wrote:
Philip wrote:
Astica wrote:Visual Kei. As I said in my previous post somewhere up this page. They look like visual kei SCENE boys. Its a Japanese concept. They are Japanese.

Key word highlighted.

Tell me in all honesty that visual kei is not almost completely based on Western scene/emo conceptual.
Considering the emo deal you're thinking of started to become vaguely popular in the mid-90s (the genre had been around before then, but the style had not), and visual kei's been around since at least the late 80s, I'd say that...well...you get the point.

QFT. Anarch, just because you personally knew of the emo style before you knew of Visual Kei, doesnt mean emo came first.

Blackhoodieafu
latency
latency

Postby Blackhoodieafu » Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 am

visual kei came before emo...most japanese people don't know what scene/emo is...scene is about being fashion conscious and hip unlike the japanese ppl who listen to visual kei who are generally made fun of in school and are socially inept. (not all but most)

visual kei was inspired by the glam rock movement in the US therefore it impossible for them to be 'Manson wannabees" when they're the ones who came up with the concept first
The one mistake you are all making is believing that visual kei is a genre of music when it is not...visual kei is a style of dress...and does not describe the music but the fashion of the band..there can be a band that plays jazz music..but as long as they wear costumes and makeup they are considered visual kei...

Visual kei bands usually play music that reflects their image...Visual kei isn't always dark and there are other styles like: Oshare kei (bands wear brighter and happier clothing, less makeup, and have more upbeat music)

Eroguro: Bands that use grotesque acts on stage like fishhooking and selfmutilation...they wear less makeup and have heavier more metal music

and Angura: another style of eroguro...Angura kei bands usaully wear traditional Japanese garb like kimonos

Actually..the Goth and Punk scene in Japan and the Visual kei scene are seperate..in fact most Japanese goths prefer to disassociate themselves from visual kei.
there is also a misconception that Visual kei is popular...but in fact it is an underground style and most of the ppl who listen to it are the kids that hangout in Harajuku on Sundays.
For some reason the internet makes people stupider then they are in real life -_-

Ragdoll Bob
divine
divine
Location: Ragdolling through the universe like a, um, ragdoll thing.

Postby Ragdoll Bob » Sun May 18, 2008 1:49 am

You seem to be rather knowledgeable, but your excessive use of ellipses disturbs me.

Anyway, I've got my culture-learning done for the day.

bird7795
divine
divine

Postby bird7795 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:29 am

whoaaaaa.crazy.

ƒrosty
divine
divine

Postby ƒrosty » Sun May 18, 2008 3:03 am

Blackhoodie wrote:Visual Kei was inspired by the Glam Rock movement in the U.S. therefore it impossible for them to be 'Manson wannabes"

:(

Aw... I've been smart assed.
[/somebullshit]

Return to “Music”