The New Age

talk about... stuff.

Anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere goes here!

Moderators: HeRetiK, The inner Core

obskewer
divine
divine

The New Age

Postby obskewer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:38 pm

I still believe in the idea of MinDistortion. I know I can't be the only one.

I don't see this forum ever returning to it's former glory. It's just the sad truth of the matter. Then, an idea occurs.

What if it could be made better? What if you could take all the delinquent, dilapidated, obscene, graphic, fucked up content on the internet and put it into a social forum? Yes, this has happened already but it doesn't need to be a deterrent. Technology has already paved the way for the new age of instant social media. This type of forum, with a reskin to a Facebook style smartphone app, may be what the distorted masses have been looking for. What could be better in an age where self-expression is often censored or neglected on mainstream social media?

The things I use to read about here were so unique that they inspired and taught me all about the world. There will never be a better outlet than MinDistortion, in my mind. Yet, that may be the very thing that is also holding it back. The forum is a relic of an evolving information system. It still has every aspect of a more modern social media app, to include games, memes, music, news, and personal happenings. Yet, Facebook is so involved and so intrusive upon the lives of individuals. There is no anonymity there. No place where people are allowed to discuss real life problems in a real way, without eventually being harassed or subjagated to social exclusion. MD could fill this vacancy for online social misfits.

It could be brought back.

Back from the realms of a forgotten time into a new age of Distorted supremacy. A place where sarcasm, assholic gestures, and general insanity can be discussed in an irrational way. Where scrolling through your MD feed can offend, disturb, and downright disgust you on the daily. Where block lists will stack up higher than any amount of friends you could ever find in real life. Dare I say, MD could even have a 'dislike' button!

The MD Social Network could set the pace for all unnecessary, time wasting bullshit 'should be working' shenanigans everywhere! A place where your name isn't required. Just a sense of humor and a lack of empathy. A social app that works with all of the functionality built into modern cellular devices, with the same feel as the good ol' forums. It sounds like a dream because it feels so wonderful. MinDistortion. Breaking grounds as the first non-biased, unfiltered social media web sight.

Maybe it's too much, but dare that I dream.

HeRetiK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The New Age

Postby HeRetiK » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 pm

While I'm not on the same page with all that you wrote it does make me feel like nostalgia of the olden days. When pseudonymous communication was still more common and seldomly linked to the physical private offline persona. It kinda felt more personal than what we have today. On the other hand it may also be just me getting more reclusive.

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:02 am

I would have to say a post like that requires a 40-minute think-tank session, followed by a 20-minute editing session, followed by a browser reset and inevitable computer repair.

Eh¿ EH¿!

IS THAT INTERNET ENOUGH FOR YA¿!

Guitar_clock
divine
divine

Postby Guitar_clock » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:03 am

I'll rally the troops. What is our mission¿

Return to “General Discussion”